Bank holidays 2021: When is the next long weekend?
BRITS can look forward to the next bank holiday which lands on August 30, 2021.
When is the next bank holiday in the UK?
The next bank holiday across the home nations in 2021 is the summer bank holiday on Monday, August 30.
This is except for Scotland who has their August bank holiday at the beginning of the month – August 2.
When are the bank holidays in the UK?
- Monday, August 30 – Summer bank holiday – or Monday, August 2, for those in Scotland
- Monday, December 27 – Christmas Day (substitute day)
- Tuesday, December 28 – Boxing Day (substitute day)
There are additional days for people living in both Northern Ireland and Scotland:
- Battle of the Boyne or Orangemen’s Day is marked in Northern Ireland on Monday, July 12
- In Scotland, St Andrews Day falls on Tuesday, November 30.
What is a bank holiday?
A bank holiday is a public holiday in the UK when most people are given an extra day off work.
They were given the name bank holidays as banks are closed – and if they can’t do business, no-one else can.
Similarly, schools are shut on bank holidays, and transport services are often scaled back.
Booking certain days off work can help your holiday allowance stretch further.
bank holiday latest
Would there have been a bank holiday if England had won Euros 2020?
Prime Minister Boris Johnson does have the power to enforce an emergency bank holiday, but unfortunately England lost to Italy when the match went to penalties.
Johnson said earlier this week that it would be “tempting fate” to discuss it.
After the teams heartbreaking loss Brits then began to call for a bank holiday to mourn England’s tragic defeat.
* Read the full story...This article was originally published h
Who will be Next to leave the EU? Check out who is leading in our exclusive poll Poll