Ukrainian volunteer mutilated by Russian troops who ‘tied him up, gouged out his eyes, and cut out tongue’

Ukrainian volunteer mutilated by Russian troops who ‘tied him up, gouged out his eyes, and cut out tongue’ Ukrainian volunteer mutilated by Russian troops who ‘tied him up, gouged out his eyes, and cut out tongue’

A UKRAINIAN volunteer fighter was mutilated by barbaric Russian soldiers who tied him up and butchered his face including gouging out his eyes and cutting out his tongue.

The man, a member of the local civilian self defense force in the town of Bucha, was found lying dead in an abandoned building after he had been tortured and killed by Vladimir Putin’s forces.

Alex Kent for The Sun
Photos showing the body of the man who was found with his face mutilated after being attacked by the Russians[/caption]
Alex Kent for The Sun
The man is believed to have been a volunteer fighter – and he was still wearing his helmet emblazoned with a pro-Ukrainian slogan[/caption]
EPA
Residents walk amongst the devastation in Bucha[/caption]
AP
Men wearing protective gear exhume the bodies of civilians killed during the Russian occupation[/caption]

He had his helmet left on his head emblazoned with the Latin inscription of Voini Sveta.

It translates to “Warrior of Light”, a cry often used by the Ukrainian revolutionaries who stood up to Russian influence in 2014 before the invasion of Crimea.

Ukrainian forces are pushing back and liberating towns, but what they are discovering is the true horror of what the Russians are leaving behind – including hundreds of dead civilians.

Serhii Chukmasov, from the 206th Battalion of Kyiv, told The Sun Online: “This man was tortured for some time, his hands were tied behind his back, his eyes were cut out, his tongue was cut off, his nose and ears too, then he was shot with a muzzle in his mouth.”

READ MORE ON UKRAINE

GOTCHA!

How ageing Russian warship was SUNK by Ukraine in biggest navy disaster since WWII

'RISKY'

Desperate Ukrainian troops in last ditch attack to stop Mariupol falling to Russia

He said: “This is only one of hundreds of cases of murder, torture and rape in Bucha.

“The world must see this evidence of the genocide that Russia is doing in Ukraine and do everything to ensure that this never happens again.”

The pictures of the incident were captured on April 4 as Ukrainian forces moved back into Bucha.

It comes as this week Ukrainian forces began the grim task of digging up a mass grave where at least 400 victims.

Workmen used a JCB digger to haul bodies from the mud as Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky accused Russian forces of “inhuman cruelty” to civilians.

And meanwhile, Russia is believed to be mounting a massive social media campaign to claim the massacre in Bucha is a “hoax”.

The Alliance for Securing Democracy found that Russian politicians, foreign embassies and state media used the term “Bucha” more than 1,000 times last week.

The campaign was aimed at trying to deflect blame from Russian or even suggest the whole massacre was an elaborate fake.

Elsewhere, a report by the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe — which counts Russia as a member — said there were “clear patterns” of Russian war crimes including torture, rape and murder.

And elsewhere, Ukraine revealed at least 25 females, including a girl of 14, had been raped by occupying forces.

At least nine women and girls are believed to be pregnant after being abused by Russian forces in Bucha.

Ukraine’s human rights ombudsman Lyudmyla Denisova said: “

“Russian soldiers told them they would rape them to the point where they wouldn’t want sexual contact with any man, to prevent them from having Ukrainian children.

“A 25-year-old woman called to tell us her 16-year-old sister was raped in the street in front of her.

“She said they were screaming ‘This will happen to every Nazi prostitute’ as they raped her sister.”

The sickening acts are part of numerous reports of Russian war crimes across the ravaged state.

AP
A cemetery worker waits in a truck before colleagues start to load the corpses of civilians killed in Bucha[/caption]
Officials exhume the bodies of civilians who died during the Russian attacks
Getty

Asked if she could assess the scale of sexual crimes committed by Russian troops during the occupation, Denisova replied: “It is impossible at the moment because not everyone is willing to tell us what happened to them.

“The majority of them currently call for psychological support, so we cannot record those as crimes unless they give us their testimony.”

She said Ukraine wants a special tribunal to be set up by the United Nations to try Russian President Vladimir Putin personally for allegations of war crimes including rape.

One 50-year-old woman, only referred to as Anna, told the BBC of her ordeal which happened on March 7.

“At gunpoint, he took me to a house nearby. He ordered me: ‘Take your clothes off or I’ll shoot you.’ He kept threatening to kill me if I didn’t do as he said. Then he started raping me,” she said.

Anna described her brutal attacker as a young, thin, Chechen fighter allied with Russia.

“While he was raping me, four more soldiers entered. I thought that I was done for. But they took him away. I never saw him again,” she said. 

She believes she was saved by a separate unit of Russian soldiers.

When she returned home she discovered her husband had been shot in the abdomen.

“He had tried to run after me to save me, but he was hit by a round of bullets,” she said.

Her husband died two days later from his injuries.

Near Anna’s house, neighbours claimed another woman in her 40s was raped, possibly by the same attacker as Anna’s.

They said the woman was held in a bedroom of a house nearby after the people living there had been evacuated after the war had started.

Reuters
International Criminal Court (ICC) Prosecutor Karim Khan and Ukraine’s Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova visit a site of a mass grave[/caption]

Oksana, a neighbour, told the BBC Russian soldiers had found the woman’s body and buried her. “They [Russian soldiers] told me she had been raped and that her throat was either slit or stabbed, and she bled to death. They said there was a lot of blood.”

When police investigating the case exhumed the body she was found without clothes, and with a deep, long, cut across the neck.

A third case was detailed by Andrii Nebytov, the police chief of the Kyiv region, in a village 30 miles west of Kyiv, where a couple in their 30s had been living with their young child.

“On 9 March, several soldiers of the Russian army entered the house. The husband tried to protect his wife and child. So they shot him in the yard,” said Mr Nebytov.

“After that, two soldiers repeatedly raped the wife. They would leave and then come back. They returned three times to rape her. They threatened that if she resisted they would harm her little boy. To protect her child she didn’t resist.”

When the soldiers left, they burnt down the house and shot the family’s dogs.

The woman managed to escape with her son and Mr Nebytov said his team has met her and recorded her testimony.

In another disturbing case, a pregnant 16-year-old girl described how she had suffered being raped at gunpoint by a Russian soldier.

Dasha, from the now liberated village of Krasniva in Kherson Oblast, said she had been sheltering in a basement with her family when she was singled out by the drunk soldier and attacked while her mum and siblings were in the next room.

The International Criminal Court’s chief prosecutor Karim Khan said that Ukraine was now a crime scene.

And US President Joe Biden has, for the first time, accused Russia of a genocide. “Yes, I called it genocide,” he said.

He continued: “It’s become clearer and clearer that Putin is just trying to wipe out the idea of even being able to be a Ukrainian.”

Kremlin denials rang hollow as panel of OSCE experts said they had found credible evidence of Russian war crimes.

They accused Russian forces of deliberately blitzing hospitals, including a mother and baby unit in the port city of Mariupol and found proof of forced deportations to Russia and failure to open humanitarian corridors

Its preliminary report said: “Russian forces have engaged in a widespread and systematic pattern of damage to Ukrainian healthcare facilities by indiscriminate bombardment and in some cases intentional targeting.

“Intentionally directing attacks against hospitals and places where the sick and wounded are collected is a war crime.”

The Foreign Office said Russia faced “mounting evidence of atrocities”, including sexual violence, committed by its forces.

It said: “Those responsible must be held to account.”

The OSCE report also found violations “occurred on the Ukrainian side”. But it said: “The violations committed by the Russian Federation are by far larger in scale and nature.”

Read More on The Sun

ELL OF A TIME

Downcast Gogglebox star Ellie seen for first time since boyfriend's car crash

TURFED OUT

Burnley SACK Dyche in huge shock as they bid to avoid the drop with 8 games left

Ukrainian officials said more than 700 people have been killed in Kyiv’s suburbs and at least 200 were still missing after Russian troops retreated.

They warned the tolls would rise as rescuers sifted through the rubble and survivors gave evidence.



* Read the full story...This article was originally published h

Who will be Next to leave the EU? Check out who is leading in our exclusive poll Poll

Comments

Popular posts from this blog