TURKISH tycoon Muhsin Bayrak says he is closing in on buying Chelsea – but a government ban on Blues owner Roman Abramovich doing business in the UK has complicated the sale of the club.
After claiming last week he had struck a deal with Abramovich to take over at Stamford Bridge, Bayrak now says his lawyers have met with representatives from the club.Muhsin Bayrak is confident he is the front-runner to buy Chelsea[/caption] Roman Abramovich has been hit be sanctions by the UK Government[/caption] Leicester and Turkey defender Caglar Soyuncu has been linked with summer switch to Chelsea[/caption]
And as head-spinning developments at the Blues continue, it has been reported by SonDakika the club have agreed to sign Leicester and Turkey centre-half Caglar Soyuncu, 25, for £35million this summer.
On the potential sale, Bayrak told Turkish daily newspaper Yeni Safak: “We have been in talks for about a week.
“Today, our delegation officially started to meet with Chelsea Sports Club executives in London.
The good news is yours. Let’s share it with you. Probably tomorrow or Friday, the works will start literally.
“The numbers are very low. I won’t say much in terms of numbers. It will be announced to the whole world press anyway.”
But Bayrak’s plans may be hindered by news that Abramovich is among seven Russian oligarchs to be added to the UK sanctions list following their country’s invasion of Ukraine.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson says there ‘can be no safe havens for those who have supported Putin’s vicious assault’.
It means Abromovich is among those left facing a ban on making any transactions in Britain.
It comes as:
- LIVE: The very latest from Stamford Bridge
- Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is sanctioned by UK Government and BANNED from selling club
- Club at threat of POINTS DEDUCTION
- Chelsea are banned from selling match tickets
- Club slapped with transfer ban and giving out contracts
- Tonight’s game against Norwich is ON despite the drama
- Chelsea can only earn money from food and drink
- Strict travel budget means ban on private jets to away games
- FIVE players are now certain to leave in summer
Most read in Football
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS
SonDakika report Barcelona are also keen on 42-cap Turkey star Soyuncu, who signed for the Foxes from German side Freiburg in 2018.
But they add ‘Chelsea shook hands’ with the player and a ’42 million euros’ agreement is now in place.
Soyuncu has established himself as a top-level performer in the Premier League but has been off-the-boil in a struggling Leicester side this season.
* Read the full story...This article was originally published h
Who will be Next to leave the EU? Check out who is leading in our exclusive poll Poll