VALENTINE’S Day is fast approaching, and if you’re stuck looking for a gift we compiled the best Valentine’s Day gifts for men.
There’s still time pick the perfect present to show the leading man in your life how much you love him, and these gifts are sure to hit the spot.
If you click on a link in this story we may earn affiliate revenue.
Last year, Valentine’s Day took place over lockdown so whether you want to go big or keep things chilled this year, we’ve got everything you need to help it go off with a bang.
No matter what they’re into, these gifts are sure to show them how much you love them.
So why not indulge and treat your special someone, after all it’s Valentine’s Day.
Looking for more gift inspiration? These are our top picks of the best Valentine’s Day gifts for her, with everything from romantic, non-cheesy and alternative gifts for women.
Need some more Valentine’s Day gifting inspiration? Check out these buying guides:
- Valentine’s gifts for her
- Valentine’s gifts for him
- Valentine’s gift for boyfriend
- Valentine’s Day flowers
- Valentine’s Day lingerie
Get this Valentine's Wine & Cheese hamper for 15%
We’ve included this fun hamper of wine, cheese and other goodies from Hampers.com in our list below – and the good news is that it’s just been reduced by £8.75.
Valentine’s wine & cheese night in, £50.15 (save £8.75), Hampers.com – buy here
Personalised Valentine’s Gifts
You can’t go wrong with a personalised gift to show you care, it’s literally a gift all his own.
It’s sure to stand out for the crowd, and he’s bound to love the personalised touch – these are our favourites.
1. Wine Carafe With Personalised Oak StopperCalling all wine fans[/caption]
Open up a bottle of your favourite wine with this Wine Carafe with Personalised Oak Stopper.
The gorgeous piece is a must have for any foodie or wine fan and a great gift for the guy who has everything.
- Wine Carafe With Personalised Oak Stopper, £49, Not on the High Street – buy here
2. Personalised Whisky Lover’s Gift SetA must for whisky lovers![/caption]
This great gift has everything a whiskey fan needs to make the perfect drink.
With two 50ml bottles filled with whiskey of your choosing, a glass tumbler, coaster and stone cubes – you can’t go wrong.
Plus the wooden box is engraved with his name.
- Personalised Whisky Lover’s Gift Set, £49.50, Not on the High Street – buy here
3. Personalised Tan Leather WalletWe love this leather wallet[/caption]
You can never go wrong with a wallet and this tan leather design is a smart choice.
Minimalist in design and won’t feel bulky in your pocket; we’re loving it.
- Personalised Tan Leather Wallet, £30, Not on the High Street – buy here
4. Personalised Weekend Holdall With Initials Luggage Tag
This personalised Weekend Holdall is a great gift if you’ve got some post-pandemic holidays planned.
With a luxury leather design and a cute personalised name tag it’s sure to be a hit.
- Personalised Weekend Holdall With Initials Luggage Tag, £69.95, Not on the High Street – buy here
Romantic Valentine’s Gifts for men
Valentine’s is all about the romance, and these gorgeous gifts are a must have to show him how much you love him this Valentine’s Day.
If there was ever a time of year to get all romantic, this is it.
1. Tom Ford Ombre Leather Eau De ParfumWe love Tom Ford[/caption]
You can’t go wrong with aftershave, and you can’t go wrong with Tom Ford for an everyday scent, or to wear on a luxury date night.
A classic, luxurious scent; he’ll be over the moon with this.
- Tom Ford Ombré Leather eau de parfum, £86, Selfridges – buy here
2. The Night SkyWe love these![/caption]
A custom star map of the night you both met, these The Night Sky prints will make his heart skip a beat.
Whether it was your first kiss, the birth of a child or a treasured moment; the possibilities are endless.
- The Night Sky Print, £35, The Night Sky – buy here
3. Men’s Personalised Anniversary Woven BraceletAnd its under £30[/caption]
This Lisa Angel woven leather bracelet is a great gift and can be personalised with dates, messages and more.
Made of tough braided leather, and with a silver plated magnetic clasp; it’s a great addition to his everyday wardrobe.
- Men’s Personalised Anniversary Woven Bracelet, £29, Lisa Angel – buy here
4. Masterclass SubscriptionLearn from the most inspiring artists, leaders and icons in the world[/caption]
Has he been mentioning a new hobby he’s want to get stuck into or simply wants to improve on some skills?
Knowledge is power, and a Masterclass subscription will teach straight from the horse’s mouth, with classes from the likes of Madhur Jaffrey, Samuel L. Jackson, Metallica and more.
- Masterclass Subscription, from £14 a month, Masterclass – buy here
5. 100 Dates Scratch off PosterLooking for a cute, romantic gift?[/caption]
Run of of date night ideas? This date night poster is full of ideas that you can do together.
Priced at just £12, its pack with ideas such as “Chill on the beach! Go to a wine-tasting class! Attend a fancy dress party!”.
- 100 Dates Scratch Off Poster, £12, Moonpig – buy here
6. Valentine’s Personalised Retro Photo Strip Framed PrintThis print has super vintage feels[/caption]
This uber romantic print is a great gift for Valentine’s Day, with a super retro photo strip style.
Just choose for of your favourite memories and you’re good to go.
- Valentine’s Personalised Retro Photo Strip Framed Print, £36, Not the High Street – buy here
Foodie Valentine’s Gifts for him
If music is the food of love, then play on.
These foodie gifts are perfect for sharing together and gifting to a foodie fella this Valentine’s Day.
1. Valentine’s Wine and Cheese Night InThis looks delicious[/caption]
Is there a better pairing for wine and cheese? And this delicious hamper from Hampers.com has some of our favourites.
With a delicious Bordeaux and the insanely tasty Snowdonia Black Bomber, Duck Rillettes and a twist on the popular cheese including decadent truffle – it’s sure to be a hit.
- Valentine’s wine & cheese night in, £50.15 (save £8.75), Hampers.com – buy here
2. Ottolenghi Flavour and Cookbook Gift SetThe perfect gift for aspiring chefs and home cooks[/caption]
Any budding home coook will love this Ottolenghi Gift Set.
With his cook book Flavour and some must have ingredients, including Gochujang, Ancho Chillies, Dried Black Lime, and more it’s great for a Valentine’s date night.
- Ottolenghi Flavour Cookbook & Ingredients Set, £39.99 – buy here
3. Fortnum and Mason Butcher’s Breakfast BoxLooks delicous![/caption]
Can you picture a better Valentine’s breakfast than this? This Fortnum and Mason Breakfast has all you need for the perfect romantic breakfast.
Filled with Cacklebean Eggs, F&M Salted Butter, Seeded Sourdough, Rare Breed Pork Sausages, Fortnum’s 181 Sauce and Tomato Sauce plus Breakfast Blend Ta and Coffee.
- Fortnum and Mason Butcher’s Breakfast Box, £55, Fortnum and Mason – buy here
4. Chase English Oak Smoked VodkaTo make the perfect martini….[/caption]
A real treat, as this is part of a “very limited run of just 2,000 bottles, Chase make this superb vodka with English potatoes”.
It’s perfect for martini fans, so he can channel his inner James Bond.
- Chase English Oak Smoked Vodka, £39.90, Master of Malt – buy here
5. Wright Brothers Valentines Meal DealA must for seafood fans[/caption]
Wright Brother’s has launched a Three Course Deal and is perfect for a spectacular meal at home.
Priced from £28, options include oysters, lobsters and much more fishy delights.
Want to go really big? You can’t miss their Deluxe Seafood Platters priced around £95.
- Valentine’s Day Three Course Deal, from £28, Wright Brothers – buy here
6. Panzers Deli La Vie En Rose HamperWhat a treat![/caption]
What’s better than smoked salmon bagels on Valentine’s Day morning?
Luxury London Del Panzers have made this incredible hamper available for delivery nationwide and includes “4 of our famous bagels (heart shaped for the occasion) with freshly sliced smoked salmon and New York style cream cheese. And a bottle of one of our favourite rosés: the blush-coloured Chateau Roubine.”
Yum, indeed. It’s available from February 5.
- La Vie En Rose Hamper, £49.99, Panzers Deli – buy here
7. British Letterbox CharcuterieThis is a real treat[/caption]
Treat him to this letter box hamper of award winning, artisan British charcuterie, made in Dorset.
It contains five of The Real Cure’s most popular cured meats and is perfect for any foodie.
- British Letterbox Charcuterie, £34, Not on the High Street – buy here
8. Lazy Man PanChefs will love this[/caption]
The ultimate breakfast pan, this Lazy Man Pan is a must for fry ups.
The five compartment frying pan will let you cook everything at once, and is a great light hearted gift.
- Lazy Man Pan, £29.99, Prezzybox – buy here
9. Lager Lover Gift Set
This great gift set from Camden Town Brewery is a must for any beer fan. It comes with a fabulous limited editon four pack, and very own lager love t-shirt.
He’s sure to love it.
- Lager Lover Gift Set, £34, Camden Town Brewery – buy here
Cheap Valentine’s Gifts for men
If you’re on a budget then don’t panic, these perfect gifts are sure to make him smile without breaking the bank.
1. Personalised 850g Cadbury Dairy Milk Heart BarYou don’t have to share![/caption]
One for the chocoholics.
This huge Dairy Milk Bar can be personalised with your beau’s name and is perfect if he’s got a sweet tooth.
- Personalised 850g Cadbury Dairy Milk Heart Bar, £15, Menkind – buy here
2. The North Face BeanieThis North Face beanie will keep him warm[/caption]
The North Face is one of the coolest brands out there, and tis cheap yet cool beanie is a great choice.
With twelve colours to choose from it’s sure to keep him warm this winter.
- The North Face Beanie, £25, The North Face – buy here
3. Herschel Supply Co Charlie card holder in blackDoes he need a new card holder[/caption]
This Hershel card holder is a steal at just £18.
If his old card holder or wallet is looking a bit unloved then this is a great gift that won’t break the bank either.
- Herschel Supply Co Charlie card holder in black, £18, ASOS – buy here
4. GLOSSYBOX Limited Edition Grooming KitLooking for a great gift?[/caption]
The Glossybox Limited Edition Grooming Kit includes 11 hair, body and skincare products and is worth over £140 but is priced at just £20.
It’s available from February 4 and includes Lacoste, Charles+Lee, Fudge and more.
- GLOSSYBOX Limited Edition Grooming Kit, £20, Glossybox – buy here
5. I Love You Socks Gift Set 3-PackTreat him to socks![/caption]
You can never have too many socks, and this Happy Socks gift set includes three jazzy socks that will go with any outfit.
- I Love You Socks Gift Set 3 – Pack, £31.95 – buy here
Valentine’s Gifts for techies
You can never go wrong with a tech git, and these gifts are sure to delight him.
Pick from headphones, smartwatches, and more from these affordable tech gifts.
1. Sony Wireless HeadphonesA great gift[/caption]
Sony’s WF-C500 in-ear headphones are a great choice that aren’t too expensive but are still brilliant quality.
With a secure design and superb soun they’ll set you back £69.
- Sony WF-C500 True Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Mic/Remote, Green, £69, John Lewis – buy here
1. Polaroid Now Instant Camera in RedSo retro![/caption]
You can’t beat the original Polaroid for instant pictures.
The Polaroid now produces instant, high-quality images and is a must for your next holiday or weekend away together.
- Polaroid Now Instant Camera in Red, £119.99, ASOS – buy here
3. Apple Watch SE GPSA great gift for fitness fans[/caption]
One of the most popular fitness watches out there, the Apple Watch SE GPS is perfect for tracking his workouts.
With everything you need to track workouts, sleep, GPS and more it’s a smart solution for Apple users and a must for a sports fan.
- Apple Watch SE GPS, £249, John Lewis – buy here
4. instax EVO Hybrid camera and smartphone printerA must for photographers[/caption]
Cant decide between a camera or printer? Get both with this instax EVO Hybrid camer and smartphone.
It’s just launched, so is great if you’re looking for something new.
- instax EVO Hybrid camera and smartphone printer, £174.99 – buy here
Best beauty and fashion gifts for him
A new jumper, some eye-catching accessories, even a new pair of trainers. Sometime you can’t beat fashion gifts, and if he’s looking for some proper rest and relaxation after a busy start to the year these beauty gifts will help him pamper.
1. ASOS sterling silver signet ring with zodiac designA great choice for fashionable folks[/caption]
And on trend jewellery gift that won’t date.
This zodiac signet ring is sterling silver with 14k gold plate and is under £40.
- ASOS DESIGN sterling silver signet ring with zodiac design in 14k gold plate, £32, ASOS – buy here
2. Four Four TeeOne for football fans[/caption]
Four Four Tee takes iconic football moments and stitches them into crisp t-shirts.
Available for a range of Premier League, Championship and International Clubs, we’ve picked out ‘The King’, featuring Thierry Henry’s iconic knee slide.
- “The King” – Thierry Henry, £24.99, Four Four Tee – buy here
3. Loch Grooming Gift SetThis is a real treat[/caption]
A real treat, this White Company Men’s grooming Gift Set in their gorgeous Loch scent; a “wonderful and distinctly masculine scent combines spicy black pepper, warming sandalwood and earthy vetivert with rich cashmere musk and a swill of amber whiskey.”
With a body wash, two-in-one shampoo and conditioner and an eau de toilette.
- Loch Grooming Gift Set, £50, The White Company – buy here
4. ASOS DESIGN stretch slim check shirt in stone and blackAnd it’s under £20[/caption]
ASOS is a great place to check out for mens short and clothing.
This Check Shirt can be worn open with a shirt underneath or smartened up with a pair of black jeans.
- ASOS DESIGN stretch slim check shirt in stone and black, £20, ASOS – buy here
5. (AD) Paco Rabanne PhantomYou can’t go wrong with Paco Rabanne[/caption]
Paco Rabanne has launched their latest scent for men, Phantom and it’s sure to be a hit.
With bold notes of creamy lavender, fusing lemon and sexy woody vanilla – it’s a must have this Valentine’s Day.
- (AD) Paco Rabanne Phantom, £70, The Fragrance Shop – buy here
6. Smiley Face Personalised Photo SocksHe’ll love these[/caption]
You’ve heard about wearing your heart on your sleeve, now try wearing your heart on your feet.
These smiley face personalised photo socks are a great tongue in cheek gift for your special someone.
- Smiley Face Personalised Photo Socks, £21, Not On The High Street – buy here
8. New Balance 373v2We love these[/caption]
These New Balance trainers will go with any outfit and are a great choice for any fashion fan.
They’re also available in grey and green, and are currently just £45.
- New Balance 373v2, £45, New Balance – buy here
9. Tommy Hilfiger Rework Sweatshirt
Have you heard of True Vintage? A one stop shop for vintage clothes and one off pieces, it’s a great place to find something unusual.
There’s only one in stock of many items including this Tommy Hilfiger jumper, but make sure to look around and find him something vintage and one off.
In London? Check out their brand new pop up shop in Seven Dials.
- Tommy Hilfiger Rework Sweatshirt, £65 – buy here
10. Chicago Bull Bobble Knit
Is he a sports fan? Why not get him a hat, jersey or jacket from his favourite team.
This Chicago Bulls bobble hat will keep him warm during chilly February and is currently on sale for just £20.80 when you use the code HOOPER.
First Valentine’s Gift Ideas
If it’s your first Valentine’s Day and you’re feeling the pressure then don’t!
These gifts are perfect for the first Valentine’s you spend together as a couple.
1. Cote at Home Apres Ski BoxLooks delicious[/caption]
Bring the romance with a cosy night in.
If you’re worried about cooking a Valentine’s feast for the first time then Cote at Home has taken all the pressure and pain away with their Apres Ski Box.
Diners can enjoy an indulgent three-course, restaurant-quality menu featuring Alpine favourites including decadent cheese and chocolate fondues with all the trimmings.
- Cote at Home Apres Ski Box, from £54.95, Cote at Home- buy here
2. Sock in a Box SubscriptionTreat him![/caption]
Choose between three, six and twelve months subscription and he’ll et a new pair of bamboo socks delivered every month.
Each socks have “striking, contemporary and distinctive” designs and are “certainly not boring nor embarrassingly garish”.
- Sock in a Box Subscription, from £22.50 – buy here
1. Cotswolds Single Malt WhiskeyThe first whisky from Cotswolds Distellery[/caption]
You can’t go wrong with a bottle of booze, and this is the first single malt whisky from the Cotswolds Distillery – famous for thier gins.
- Cotswolds Single Malt Whisky, £39, Master of Malt – buy here
3. Date Night Gift Experience Voucher for TwocELEBRATE WITH A DATE TOGETHER[/caption]
Not sure where to start for your first Valentines? Why not get him something to do together?
This Date Night Gift Experience Voucher will let him choose exactly what he wants too.
- Date Night Gift Experience Voucher for Two, £59, Buy A Gift – buy here
A bit of everything else…
Still not found the perfect gift? These gorgeous gifts are sure to be a hit with him this Valentine’s Day.
1. Rumours by Fleetwood Mac VinylMusic fans will love this[/caption]
One of the best albums ever, if he’s a music fan then you can’t go wrong with a classic on Vinyl.
- Rumours by Fleetwood Mac Vinyl, £24.99, HMV – buy here
2. Supima Textured Crew JumperYou can’t go wrong with a nice jumper[/caption]
This super-soft Supima cotton jumper is a great everyday piece and is a bargain at £27.99.
It’s available in Egret Marl and Carbon Navy.
- Supima Textured Crew Jumper, £27.99, Superdry – buy here
3. Aaren Naturals Three-Hand Green WatchWe love this Skagen watch[/caption]
This watch from Skagen is a smart choice that is perfect for a minimalist lok and will go with everything.
It’s also on offer, so snap it up quick whilst there’s £60 off.
- Aaren Naturals Three-Hand Green Watch, £59, Skagen – buy here
4. Beer NotesCalling beer fans[/caption]
If you’re other half is a beer fans, then these Beer Notes are a great gift to help him keep track of his favourite hops.
There’s 20 handy coasters presented in a stylish tin.
- Beer Notes, £9.99, Prezzybox – buy here
5. Grey Goose Original Vodka with Gift PackOne for cocktail fans![/caption]
This fabulous Grey Goose Gift Pack is a must for cocktail fans, and includes a 70cl Grey Goose vodka and a beautifully branded acrylic glass.
Whether you want to make a martini, or a Moscow mule – you can’t go wrong with Grey Goose.
- Grey Goose Original Vodka with Gift Pack, £35.83, Amazon – buy here
6. Carhartt WIP Watch Beanie Hat
You can never go wrong with a beanie in winter months and this Carhartt Beanie is a great choice froma favourite mens brand.
It’s made from stretchable rib-knit acrylic fabric for premium comfort and is £20.
- Carhartt WIP Watch Beanie Hat, £20, Size – buy here
Want to stay in this Valentine’s Day? You can’t go wrong with a meal deal for two. These are the best supermarket dine in menus.
Looking for a great deal on red roses? Here’s where to buy the best and cheapest red roses.
Looking for a great gift for her? You can’t go wrong with these.
What is the perfect Valentine’s gift for him?
The perfect present will always be mateched to their interests.
So if he’s into sports, a football shirt could be a great gift, or a music fan would love some vinyl.
Why not book something to do together? The ultimate date night, a spa day or even a mini break?
What are the most popular Valentine’s Day gifts for men?
Don’t want to get it wrong? You can’t go wrong with these popular Valentine’s Day gifts for men.
Stick with booze, mens toiletries, or a date day if you’re unsure, and he’s sure to be happy with his gift.
How to make a Valentine’s gift basket for him?
The trick here, is to think of his favourite things, and then include them all.
Why not include his favourite chocolate bar? A book on his favourite subject? His favourite alcoholic drink? Something for home? What about a picture of the two of you, include them all.
It’s the perfect homemade gift that is sure to put a smile on his face.
What do men want for Valentine’s Day?
It’ll all depend on what he’s into! Valentine’s Day is the perfect time of year to show your partner how much you care.
You can go for something useful, if he likes reading, you can’t go wrong a book by his favourite author. If he’s into cycling, a new jacket or top wouldn’t go amiss. Or maybe gaming is more his thing – does he have the latest video game? You get the idea.What should I get my boyfriend for Valentine’s Day?
Looking for the perfect gift? Think of his hobbies, or is there a new show he’s into?
Something to keep him buys or to further his interests is perfect.
Or you can go for something romantic? A treasured memory framed? Something to do together for a date night? What about an activity you can do together at home? Or even gig tickets or a mini break?
What can I get him for Valentine’s Day on a budget?
You can’t go wrong with a selection of beers, a book on his favourite subject or even vinyl if he’s into his music?
You can also make something home made, which is a great way to show you care without having to spend lots on an expensive present.
What can I do for him on Valentine’s Day?
A home cooked meal, and a bottle of wine is always a winner. Why not theme a meal around his favourite place to go on holiday?
You could also get a finish at home restaurant box to do together; which will combine a great dinner and an activity to do together.
Another great choice is to go out for cocktails or your favourite restaurant – why not, its Valentine’s Day!
What are the best deals on Valentine’s Day gifts for men?
There are always deals on Valentine’s Day, check out department stores and leading retailers to see if there’s a sale for you.
You may find that some retailers will slash prices in the days before Valentine’s Day but make sure you don’t leave it too late, as it won’t get there in time.
What should I write in a Valentine’s Day card?
You can keep it simple, or a long message saying what you mean to him! It’s up to you!
Just make sure it’s personal and shows him how much you love him, and you’re onto a winner.
more about valentines
Enjoyed our round-up of Valentine’s gifts for him? If you’re looking for a gift for the lady in your life, check out our guide here.
For everything Valentine’s Day 2021 you can find out more here.
You can now buy Valentine’s gonks – and people can’t get enough of them.
* Read the full story...This article was originally published h
Who will be Next to leave the EU? Check out who is leading in our exclusive poll Poll