Brexit news latest – Belfast and Larne food checks SUSPENDED amid Protocol tensions as staff sent home over safety fears

COUNCIL STAFF at Northern Ireland’s Larne Port have been withdrawn from inspection duties amid concerns for their safety following a rise in anti-Protocol sentiment.

The decision was made following an “upsurge in sinister and menacing behaviour in recent weeks”, as graffiti appeared last month referencing tensions about the Northern Ireland Protocol and calling port staff “targets”.

The council said the ongoing situation has caused “extreme distress and worry to staff”, and it had no option but to withdraw 12 staff from their duties.

On Monday evening, food checks at Belfast and Larne ports were suspended following the move.

Meanwhile, newspapers have blasted the EU over threats to disrupt Britain’s vaccine supply amid its own jab crisis.

After being told they were only going to receive a fraction of the UK-made AstraZeneca jab they’d ordered, the EU made an astonishing threat to stop 3.5million doses of the Pfizer jab from reaching the UK.

Follow our live blog below for the very latest on Brexit and the EU…



* Read the full story...This article was originally published h

Who will be Next to leave the EU? Check out who is leading in our exclusive poll Poll

Comments

  1. People should look at the food disruption and disruption world wide. I don't think it is only what you are being told here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should have read "Distribution and Disruption"

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment